Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Elegant Halloween

It shouldn't be a shock, to people that know me. I'm not too good at all the decorating stuff. Especially holiday decorating. It's the truth. My mom always decked out our house, when we were young. It was so special to grow up there. You ALWAYS felt ridiculously LOVED.

I wanted to be a good neighbor this year. Totally decorate our house for Halloween. Buy lots of candy. Be one of those houses, that the kids enjoyed trick-or-treating at. I went out, and bought a bunch of decorations. Even those plastic bags that are made to look like pumpkins. Only thing, the leaves hadn't fallen yet. So I got a bunch of plastic bags, to fill up the pumpkin bags, and a few bricks. OK, I didn't do that. I'm not that smart. This mujer did it for me.

Not only did la Chiquitita do that, she hung all of my decorations for me too! The fake spiders webs, and spiders. By the way, I HATE the way they feel! All my decorations were definitely store bought. But the house looked so fun and festive. Better yet, the kids enjoyed it. :)


Then today, I came across this picture. Hello! It's beautiful! What an elegant way to decorate for the holidays. Similar to the way my dear friend decorates. My friend also decorated the outside of her home. With decorations in the trees, lights around the front of the house, and lots of other spooky things. Music included! But the inside of her home, is so elegant. Next year, I think I'm going to skip the plastic spiders and paper pumpkins. I want to have decorations more like this. :)

No comments: