Monday, November 21, 2011

I Can See a Winter Wonderland

I've been getting inspired by my good friend. It's a really good thing. Girl has got some great style! And is always working on a tight budget. She also LOVES to decorate for all the holidays. I always tease la Chiquitita, and tell her to start a DIY YouTube channel. She'd be so good at it!

Instead, she shares all her great ideas. With all of her friends. We're so lucky! When I asked her about some holiday decorating ideas, she told me to pick a color. Then she'd show me how to decorate with it. Since I'm trying to broaden my color spectrum a bit, I picked white. I know! But I could have picked yellow! :)

Then we sat and talked. Talked about so many ideas. Yes, I was going 90 miles an hour, writing down ideas. Then we took a trip to the Dollar Tree. I can't wait! We're planning a DIY evening next week. To work on our holiday decorations. And I can't wait! So I went looking for some more inspiration online. This is what I found.


Isn't this so elegant? I love it! Pine cones and nuts? So inexpensive. But with a splash of color, isn't it just beautiful?


This whole table is so gorgeous! Simple. But so pretty. I never thought of painting a bunch of natural things, just one color.


I can imagine some of these beautiful, glass containers, lining our fireplace. I'm so excited! Is it crazy that I've been hunting down sticks and pine cones? I've even picked up some pecans. Around here, there everywhere! I'm going to continue to dream of all the possibilities. It's gonna be good!

No comments: