Monday, August 29, 2011

New Friends and Inspiration

Today I had my final makeup and hair consultation, with the beautiful Mrs. Manders. She is such a fun woman. I met her through la Chiquitita. I'm so glad that I did!

A little background on my fabulous new friend. She trained and got her license in all things beauty. Right after she was licensed 2 states, she met her hilarious husband, BB. Manders pretty much stopped working, they were married 4 months after they met! Now they have 3 beautiful kids. Including almost 18 month old twins!

Manders still works. On occasion. Her husband is the director of a Country Western band. This is were things get interesting. La Chiquitita is the lead singer, and fiddle player for the band. When they work, Mrs. Manders does her hair and makeup. How cool is that? Your best friend gets to travel with you, get paid to do what she loves, and you get to chat for hours at a time. I think that's a fun job!

I was searching for someone to do my hair and makeup for the wedding. Not only mine, but the entire wedding party. Including Gabe and I's moms and grandmas.  In stepped Manders. She is wonderful. Reasonably priced. Willing to travel. Complete score!

When we got to talking, I told her that I didn't want to be completely made up. I wanted to look like me. But more polished. More elegant. Secretly, I want to look like Manders. Every single day of my life! She is a timeless beauty. Her makeup isn't too much. Just enough. Well, she suggested taking some inspiration from Kate Middleton.


I had never thought about that before. But it was exactly what I wanted. Just look at Kate! Perfection! Natural, polished, and elegant. Today, I played dress up. It was so much fun! We played with all sorts of ideas. And came up with the best look ever. A little inspiration from Kate, a bunch of talent from Manders, and we have my perfect wedding day look. I just can't wait for our wedding!

No comments: